My own estimation: n/a
Some other sources: 6.
First and last chassis number
First chassis number: unknown (1997).
Last chassis number: SCBZB15C4WCH63128 (1998).
Dimensions, kerb weight, performance
The same specifications as the model year 1998 Bentley Continental R.
Characteristics and peculiarities
Backgrounds of this model
- The Bentley Continental R Chatsworth is a DLE (Dealer Limited Edition) of the model year 1998 Bentley Continental R. The first example is a 1997 model year car.
- Besides the Bentley Continental Rs Chatsworth two Bentley Continental Ts Chatsworth and a Bentley Azure Chatsworth were also manufactured in the same model year. In total ten examples were planned, but finally nine examples were built. The numbers on the numbered plaques count to ten and are mixed for the three models.
- Chatsworth' badge to right-hand side of luggage compartment lid.
- Colour keyed lower air dam vanes.
- Colour keyed mirror and cheater panel.
- Colour keyed rear cheater panel.
- Continental T 18" wheels with Pirelli P Zero 255 x 50 tyres.
- Continental T style front and rear seat trim.
- Embroidered 'Chatsworth' logo to front and rear seat upper panels.
- Interior brightwork finished in black chrome.
- Interior woodwork in grey stained bird's-eye maple.
- Paint from the Bentley Motors Ltd special colours range.
- Smooth finish stone chip protection to sills.
- Special numbered plaques to both door apertures.
- Wrap over waistrails with stainless steel overlay.
Production and chassis numbers
The 2-door Continental R models from model year 1998 have a chassis number between 63001 and 63149. The chassis numbers of the Bentley Continental R Chatsworth are part of the chassis numbers of the Continental R from model year 1998. The first example is from model year 1997.
Some chassis numbers
Model year 1997
Model year 1998
Details of the Bentley Continental R Chatsworth WCH63070
1998 Bentley Continental R Chatsworth SCBZB15CXWCH63070
(pictures above and below).