My own counting: 71
Some other sources: 71.
First and last chassis number
First chassis number: SCAZN02D5LCX31347 (1990).
Last chassis number: SCAZN02A6MCH36065
Dimensions, kerb weight, performance
The same as the Rolls-Royce Silver Spur II.
Characteristics and peculiarities
Backgrounds of this model
- The Rolls-Royce Mulliner Spur is a limited edition of the Rolls-Royce Silver Spur II, brought to higher standards of excellence by Mulliner Park Ward.
- The original intention was to build only 25 of these cars, but they proved so popular that production was extended.
- The car is also called a Silver Spur Mulliner Park Ward.
- All cars are finished in Bordeaux red.
- No everflex roof.
- Bumpers and headlamp surrounds were colour-coded.
- Stainless steel body trim, running the entire length of the body sills and continuing around both wheelarches and along the lower portions of the rear wings.
- Twin magnolia coachlines.
- Polished stainless steel bumper inserts.
- Chromium-plated badge bar mounted on the front bumper.
- A unique badge on the boot lid proclaiming the car's coachbuilding pedigree.
- Specially selected American burr walnut veneers. Waistrails complemented by silver inlays and R-R monograms.
- Built-in and illuminated refrigerator housed between the rear seat squabs, suitable to hold two one-litre bottles.
- Two cocktail cabinets below the two picnic tables, made from American black walnut. The cabinets contain two crystal tumblers and a pair of crystal decanters, each with distinctive silver screw tops and MPW monogram.
- The driver's central armrest contains a coin rack and trinket box, whilst the passenger's armrest houses a Motorola cellular telephone.
- The rear lower armrest contains a silver pencil and a R-R monogrammed leather-covered notebook, and space for a separate telephone and its connection.
- The left-hand picnic table houses writing materials, whilst that on the right-hand contains a smoker's companion comprising humidor, cedar-lined cigar compartment and Dunhill silver-plated cigar cutter.
- In addition to the roof-mounted lamps, chromium-plated swivelling reading lamps are mounted.
- Within the glovebox lies a driver's handbook contained in a magnolia hide wallet, and on the inside of the glovebox lid a silver commemorative plaque records the car's serial number.
- The car's sound entertainment system is powered by two 100-watt amplifiers located in the boot, a ten-speaker system featuring a compact disc player with a six-disc stacking facility, as well as stereo cassette unit and radio.
Production and chassis numbers
Identification of the model in the chassis number
The chassis number of a Mulliner Spur has:
- the letter A on the third position
- the letter N on the fifth position
- a number between 31347 and 36065
The following model has the same identification:
- Silver Spur II
Further details about the production and the chassis numbers
- The chassis numbers in the years 1990 up to and including 2003 are assigned in separate series per model type (often per model year as well) or in separate series per model. A model type stands for e.g. the standard saloon models (Silver Spirit, Brooklands), the long wheelbase models (Silver Spur, Bentley LWB), the 2-door coupé models (Continental R, Continental T, et cetera).
- In 1990 and 1991 the numbers of the following models are mixed within the same series of numbers: Silver Spirit II, Silver Spur II, Bentley Turbo R, Bentley Turbo R LWB, Bentley Mulsanne S, Bentley Mulsanne SL, Bentley Eight, Rolls-Royce Mulliner Spur.
Numbers LHD / RHD
% (p yr)
% (p yr)
Model year 1990
Model year 1991
Model year 1990 Mulliner Spur, press photos (above and below).
1990 Mulliner Spur SCAZN02D8LCX32735.
1990 Mulliner Spur SCAZN02D3LCX32898.
1990 Mulliner Spur SCAZN02D9LCX33313.