My own counting: 24
Other sources: 24.
First and last chassis number
First chassis number: SCBZN0T04DCH06872 (1983).
Last chassis number: SCBZN0T01GCX15787 (1986).
Dimensions, kerb weight, performance
The same specifications as the Bentley Mulsanne LWB with the exception of the weight, the acceleration and the top speed. The acceleration and the top speed are similar to those of the Mulsanne Turbo.
Length, width, height
See Bentley Mulsanne LWB
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h
135 mph, 217 km/h
Characteristics and peculiarities
Backgrounds of this model
- The Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB (Long wheelbase) is the lengthened edition of the Bentley Mulsanne Turbo.
- The model has no predecessor. It is a model that was introduced besides the other models.
- The Mulsanne Turbo LWB was sold until the end of 1985 whilst its successor, the Turbo R LWB, was already manufactured from March 1985. In a part of 1985 both models were manufactured besides each other.
- The Mulsanne Turbo has not been sold in the US, Canada, Japan and Australia due to their emission control regulations. The factory decided not to employ fuel injection.
- The Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB was already for sale in 1982 but was not sold a single time. The first car was sold in model year 1983.
- The Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB has the same engine and gear box as the Mulsanne LWB: a 6750 cc V8 engine with a three-speed automatic gear box (GM400) and carburetters. The maximum power with turbo is 298 bhp at 4000 rpm.
- The Mulsanne Turbo LWB is provided with a Garrett AiResearch T04 turbo.
- The maximum speed was restricted to 135 mph due to then current tyre technology.
- The car has a body-coloured radiator shell with vanes.
- Turbo badges on the front wings and bootlid.
- Turbo badge beneath the digital display for outside temperature, stopwatch and clock.
- The Mulsanne Turbo (and later the Turbo R) has paired exhaust pipes at the right side.
- Lucas fog lamps fitted beneath the front bumper.
Production and chassis numbers
Identification of the model in the chassis number
The chassis number of a Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB has:
- the letter B on the third position
- the letter N on the fifth position
- the combination 0T on the sixth and seventh position
- a number between 06872 and 14162.
The following model has the same identification:
- Bentley Turbo R LWB (between the numbers 12433 and 14162).
Further details about the production and the chassis numbers
- The chassis numbers in the years 1980 up to and including 1989 are assigned in batches. Batches exist for the standard saloon models (Silver Spirit, Mulsanne), the long wheelbase models (Silver Spur, Bentley LWB), the turbo models (Mulsanne Turbo, Turbo R), the Bentley Eight, the convertibles (Corniche, Continental), the Camargues and the Phantoms VI.
- The Bentley Mulsanne Turbo and Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB have got mixed numbers within the same batches. In model year 1985 the numbers of Bentley Turbo R and Bentley Turbo R LWB were also mixed in these batches.
Series of numbers and unused numbers
- No number was assigned to a Bentley Mulsanne Turbo LWB between 10111 and 12000, and between 16971 and 20000. Between 10111 and 10427 there are series of numbers that are assigned to other models (Corniche, Continental, Camargue, Phantom VI).
If you have pictures of this model available, please contact me.